Friday, August 08, 2008

Summertime 2008

Each May I cringe to think of what to do with the kids all summer long. Over 100 days of empty if I don't come up with something good. Never fear, I have creative and social children, so I must give them credit for doing most of their own entertaining. I hear the teenage years are harder, so I'll embrace and not complain about the young years I have. Perhaps I will make them run a snowcone machine or window washing business like my parents did with us. I used to think they were nuts for taking on these family business adventures, but now I realize how wise they were! My dad always said, "There is nothing like a worn out two year old and a worn out teenager." My teenage existance truly was a worn out one and a good one. Here are some things we've been busy with this summer:

Meeting up with Daddy for lunch each week is always a favorite thing.


Visiting the Botanical Garden to get inspiration for our garden.

Yardwork. Front yard looks great. Backyard, well, it's hidden for a reason, right?

No comments: