A few people have requested a Travis update, so here it is. He has made a ton of progress! We are so glad we discovered his autism early on. He talks a ton more. Rarely repeats what we say. He even asks questions. Still no conversations, but asking questions is a big step towards conversation. I still place him a year behind in his communication skills, but he is a smarty-party when it comes to everything else. He is less obsessed with the vaccuum cleaner and fans (still loves them, but about 25% less). His now loves cars and fights with his brother over the Hot Wheels like there is no tomorrow. Apparently 67 Hot Wheels are not enough. Ugh. So yes, he knows how to bother his siblings, whine, tease, and play like an average 4 year old. He even gets to give a talk in Primary next week. We'll see how that goes. His favorite thing to do is talk in the microphone and give a prayer. So, perhaps he'll deliver his talk in the form of a prayer. It's a step in the right direction, right?
.JPG)
.JPG)

.JPG)
Travis fell asleep eating a snack. I hate the no nap transition.
.JPG)
Travis loves to leave brooms, vaccuums, fans, and guitars all over the house. Drives me crazy. The house is a MESS because I just returned from a 10 day Hawaii trip and Travis decided to unpack the toy closets that day.
.JPG)
.JPG)
Do not touch the fan! You will receive a swift scream in the ear if you do.
2 comments:
Hey Jenn! It's so good to hear from you again. I'm so glad to hear that Travis is improving. He is such a cutie. Your blog is adorable and I'm so excited that we can stay in touch now. We miss the old ward.
*hugs*
Heatherann
What a sweet boy! It seems like autism is so prevalent these days. I don't know how long ago you found out or what, but it sure seems like you're taking it in stride. I wish you the best for his continued growth, and your continued patience!
Post a Comment