Bear with me this is a wordier post than normal but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was just plain busy this past week. It's been fun having Ryan's parents and definitely entertaining for the kids. They treated us to dinner at Gabor Brothers pizza the other night where the kids were great. Trent spilled a 32 ounce Sprite all over (why do they serve kids a 32 ounce drink I will never understand). Then at McDonald's yesterday he did the same thing when he tried to sneak a sip of Ryan's soda. That little stinker. Another 32 ounces all over the place . . . I have to get it off my chest what I've been up to this week. Here's the breakdown:
Monday: Drive an hour down to Cedar Hills with Travis to help out my SIL Emilee who is coping with cancer (check out her blog at www.emilee-ellis.blogspot.com). We go each Monday and Travis loves it.
Tuesday: I took all 3 kids to the dentist -no cavities! Then had preschool on TWT afternoons where Travis finally goes without too much of a problem. Lots of homework and reading with the kids. Lots of neighbor kids over. Hounding Rachel to practice her piano.
Wednesday: Dance lessons for Rachel. Do all the basic mom stuff like laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, and the occasional shower.
Thursday: Volunteer in Rachel's class on Thursday and learned how to make plaster and leaf imprints and get super messy with 4th graders. Rachel's piano. Rachel's two hours of homework because she saved it all for today.
Friday: I ate lunch with Rachel at school. Usually I attract the other classmates like I'm in a clown costume, but after seeing too much of me mixing plaster in the classroom the day before, they avoided our table like the plague. Rachel and I enjoyed lunch on our own. Went to Tai Pan and spent a whopping $7 on Halloween decorations (I'm so cheap), had Activity Days, a birthday party to shuttle Trent to and a doctor appointment. Organized food storage with Ryan and reclaimed the downstairs family room now free of 30 5 gallon buckets and tons of bags of wheat and other stuff. Finally!
Saturday was spent listening to conference, and in-between conference we went to the mall, library, McDonalds, craft store, and grocery store. Ryan and his dad went to the Conference Center for priesthood session and the kids and I went to Lisa's house and brought dinner and made cookies. I hadn't seen her since the funeral. The kids had a blast making Halloween cookies and playing with her kids. They kept asking if they were cousins. It was sweet and emotional to be with Lisa. She has to face this and is doing the best she can.
Sunday: Aah, a sort of day of rest. Reclaimed the living room by shifting toys to the family room downstairs. Transferred the kids clothes from summer to winter and realized that Trent has hardly any long sleeve shirts and Travis has way too many pajamas and too many long sleeve shirts. But my kids have clothes so I won't complain. We are happy and healthy and loved listening to conference.
4 comments:
So Rachel had enough chlothes? Well, she's a girl, so she probably forced you into shopping a lot. I just went shopping, and Limited too, (My favorite store) Is having a sale, I got nine tops for three dollars each. It was fun to be in a fun store and not worry about going hungry. Good job for not freaking out! Come visit us!!! =D Maybe you could stop by when you come to visit Emilee!
Rick and I keep saying how big your kids are. It sounds like you guys are really busy. You have a very neat family.
Hey Jen -
Almost let another eon pass by without staying in touch. I don't know if you remember Steve Adami from Canada, but he has a blog on here too that you may just well enjoy seeing from time to time. Isn't it about time you visited
http://whereisthewww.blogspot.com
Jenny,
I was reading your sister in laws blog (Emilee). What an amazing, beautiful, courageous woman!!! She is fortunate to have you as a sister in law.
Love Tiff
Post a Comment