Saturday, February 04, 2012

Those Who Wait

Ryan downloaded Downton Abbey season 2 so I could watch it all in one week instead of dragging it out over two months. Ryan said he did it so he didn't have to hear me talk about it week after week wondering what the next plot would hold. I'm not sure that was the best idea, because I forgot how much I depend on new Masterpiece Theater releases that come out January through March to carry me through the winter. And here I blew threw all of season 2 already! I must be getting old and find rarely any joy in new movie releases the way I do Masterpiece Theater. I'm such a geek. I challenged myself to watch a new movie in Ryan's theater room a few weeks ago. Cowboys and Aliens -what sounds cooler than that? Being that it is a utterly ridiculous title, I knew I could enjoy it because it wasn't going to try to seem real or anything. Well, beyond the cool wrist blow up thingy on the stoic James Bond guys hand, that movie stunk.

Perhaps I will get painting done this year. The hallway trim upstairs has been painted white for over a year. The doors are still almond colored. Blech. I dislike painting so much that I have been spending my time organizing the fridge, pantry, freezer, coat closets, the kids dresser drawers, and even under the beds. I even think I will drag out the beautiful and tragically under-used (seriously, I used only once in 7 years) sewing machine and sew the holes in the pile of boys' jeans in my room. I can just imagine the great-grandchild that inherits the sewing machine. They will go to Antiques Roadshow to see how much their inheritance is worth and the antique dealer will exclaim, "That sewing machine is in the most perfect condition I have ever seen! I bet it has never been used more than once!" Sad thing is, he will be right. That is how much I dislike painting. And sewing.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Hilarious Jen! I love your "confessions" I like sewing and painting...but in moderation (basically when I'm in the mood) I watched a Downtown Abby for the first time when Jeff was out of town. It was interesting but I was laughing that it was basically a servant's soap opera and I kept thinking they were saying "downtin" when they were referring to the Abby. I so agree with the Cowboys and Aliens movie! We rented it and even though I didn't have high expectations I thought it stunk!!!