Tuesday, October 05, 2010

What Brings Me Joy



I struggle with my moods in the Fall season, which is ironic because Autumn is my favorite time of year. The following things (in no order of importance) help me feel better. Which will serve as a great distraction when I feel like crawling in bed and not coming out.

1. Sub for Santa - my job, because it gives me a reason to get out of bed some days.
2. The reds, oranges, and yellows on the mountains outside my window
3. The chickens who hang out by my office window preening their feathers and making soft cockle sounds.
4. My cat, who tries to attack the chickens from the inside of the window over and over.
5. Travis's blunt honesty and strange object creations.
6. Trent's soft skin and freckles.
7. Rachel's beautiful hair that I get to play with. She's my real life baby doll.
8. Ryan and his tender hugs and kisses.
9. Pumpkin scented candles.
10. Cafe Rio and Wendy's salads.
11. Chocolate chip . . . anything.
12. Dogs. I really want one. Need to wait a little longer, though.
13. Baby pictures of my kids. Why did I ever complain about their grumpy cries? They were the most beautiful sounds and I'll take them over whining.
14. Pottery Barn magazine brings me to a happy decorating place.
15. Routine. I thrive on it.
16. Long unexpected chats with friends and neighbors. They are so informal and bonding.
17. Tylenol PM sleeping pills. My saving grace a few times a month when my mind won't stop racing with really strange thoughts and dreams. (Last week I dreamt I was in labor, gave birth, called Ryan who replied, "Huh. I guess that's why you couldn't loose weight.")
18. Secret Haven, Bun Basket Bakery, IKEA, Gardner Village, and DownEast Home.
19. Visiting with my parents and laughing until I cry.
20. Watching the kids swim and having the time of their lives in water.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I like your list...a good thing to have to remember things to be thankful for ;)