Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Camera

I'd post a photo if I could find my camera cord. I'd find my camera cord if I didn't have 50 boxes to rumage (hopefully that is how it's spelled -my 12 year old nephew says it sounds right) through. I wouldn't have 50 boxes to go through if we didn't suddenly decide to move. But, it's coming together. Lots of friends neighbors and family helped us move ever so quickly. Thank you! We are painting the main level with the help of some newlywed friends we hired so our house is still very scattered. But Ryan and I decided to dive into the "update it now instead of slowly over nine years" thing because the results are so nice to live in. It's been hard to swallow leaving the new bathrooms, new paint, and our style at our last house and trade it in for lots of early 1990s gold and creme everything in this house. But we love the house.

The kids are doing great -sleeping fine, loving the yard, new spaces to explore, etc. We live next to the Stoker family and they kindly let us wander into their yard (okay, our former neighbors will tell you we do that far too much) and play on their huge basketball court. Travis is in heaven with all his new big kid friends on the block that put up with his ways. I'm tiring myself and everyone else out trying to get the house in order while adjusting to new schedules, like having the kids out of school, nephews here 4 days a week, shuttling kids to day camp activities and summer school, and the worst adjustment is my great escape of Oprah TV is now on reruns. That one pulled the rug right from under me. :-)

4 comments:

Olivia Petty said...

How awesome!!

I want to spend the night over there before the month is through. I am becoming very jealous of your certain nephews that get to spend so much time with you. What about your lonely nieces? :(

My mom is VERY recently feeling better (as of an hour ago) so PLEASE call her and set something up. Twill make me happy. :)

(Rachel should be pleased if I bring my new Jonas album {out yesterday} so she can download it on ALL of your computers. :D)

Jenn K said...

Livvy, it will be fun to have you and your sisters over. But it will have to wait until July. I'm sorry!

Christine said...

Jenny,

Congrats on the new house! Isn't that so frustrating to just get the old one decorated and now you'll get to start all over again :)

I know about the summer with a houseful of kids (I thought it would be a good idea to let each child have a friend over) the one good thing is how peaceful it is when everyone is back at home!

GrannyG said...

Moving to a new house is awesome, at least until it's been three weeks and there are still big boxes in the living room. Enjoy it and make it yours.

I emailed your Mom earlier in the week to see how she and your Dad are and I haven't heard anything back. Is everything okay?

Gail Wasden