Friday, February 27, 2009

Venus and Mars???

This post is to highlight the differences between men and women. Jenn took a little test to determine her love language. Her idea was to see which love language she responds to and how compatible we were. I took this test solely because it was important to my wife. My love language is spoken mostly in English with lots of talking done with the hands. As in giving hugs people, c'mon.

I started the test with the greatest intentions of being able to completely define what I like and how I would respond best. I then began to read the responses you had to choose between.

"I feel whole when we hug or What you do affects me more than what you say". Ummm, hmmm, well let's skip the first one and see what's next.

"I feel loved when you affirm me or Visible symbols of love (gifts) are very important to me". Okay, not really sure what that means either, lets move on to the third one.

"I like to sit close to you or I like for you to tell me that I am attractive / handsome". Alright, one I can finally answer. "I like to sit close to you", check. And this continued on down the list of 25 or so ambiguous and difficult to answer or decide between statements.

As you can see from my results below, I'm either a very complicated individual when it comes to the language of love or I don't understand love enough to be able to decide between all these choices and anything you do really works for me. I guess there is a third result that probably tends to favor the typical guy response. You told me you loved me and that's good enough for me. I suppose if it ever changes you'll tell me then as well. As for me I know I don't tell Jenn I love her enough, so here publicly let me add:

Jenn, I love you, oh so much.

Despite my results below, I know you love me by the acts of service you do for me. Psst, I'll also take the touch thing anytime as well.

Love you Jenn.

I feel loved when...

The Five Love Languages

My Primary Love Language is Physical Touch

My Detailed Results:
Physical Touch: 7
Acts of Service: 6
Quality Time: 6
Receiving Gifts: 6
Words of Affirmation: 5

About this quiz

Unhappiness in relationships is often due to the fact that we speak different love languages. It can be helpful to know what language you speak and what language those around you speak.

Tag 3 people so they can find out what their love language is.

Take the Quiz!
Check out the Book

2 comments:

Christine said...

I just started reading the "love languages for children". Pretty enlightening. I find myself trying to give my children what they need more and then I get a happier home in response. Yah.

LisAway said...

After Jenn posted that I was planning on taking the test. Now that I've seen the "questions" Iiiiiii don't think I will be. :)