Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2008

I'm away from home so can't post new photos yet. We safely traveled with a few hour safe window (barely) to Seattle. Travis giggled most of the flight as it was his first airplane experience he could remember. We had 14 cousins under the age of 10 here last night. They had a blast playing the "water game" with Aunt Robyn and SherRae. Basically, you get a spoonful of water poured on you if you guess what the other person is thinking (like what pet am I thinking of, or favorite candy bar, etc.) So many cute giggles! My three two year old nieces momentarily warmed up to me when I played little piggies on their dainty chubby toes. I also painted 8 little girl's nails last night. They didn't leave me any tips. :-)

It was a snowy Christmas week. I worked 5-6 hours a day with Sub for Santa until the last week when I cut my hours back to fit time in for shopping, gift wrapping, neighbor visiting, etc. On Monday nephews Nathan and Jonny helped me pick out a cat in Orem. I bought a blue point lynx ragdoll cat for myself for Christmas. We're picking him up next week and I can't wait! Cousins Nathan and Kate came back and stayed with us Monday through Wednesday. The kids stayed busy playing in the snow, sledding, eating goodies and hot chocolate, and playing games, legos, etc. We went down on Wednesday to visit our new cat at the vet we bought him from (she's holding him until after our vacation) and then we ate at my parents for Christmas Eve dinner. Christmas was fast and great. Travis got a drum set. Rachel and Trent got MP3players and can't put them down. We quickly packed for the airport at 11 a.m. and left at 12:45 with time to spare and found we work well under pressure. :-) Now we're hanging out with sick relatives in Washington hoping and praying we don't get the nasty stomach bug they all have. :-( But it's been very relaxing and fun.

No comments: