Oh it has been a long, long winter. Or at least it has felt that way. Kids seem to go a little more stir-crazy the longer they stay indoors. Especially Travis. If I had a few ounces of his energy each day, I probably wouldn't have a long list of mostly finished projects, like, well I guess there is no need to admit them all. Probably the most embarrassing is the bathroom I put in downstairs which still needs baseboards and casings installed from 2 years ago when all the other parts were finished. Anyway, I digress, as a needed break we'd send the kids sometimes yelling in defiance outdoors into the snow with the intention of burning off some energy. It was a funny site to see Travis jumping on the trampoline in full snow gear attire. But it worked.
It has only recently warmed up. In fact enough to melt the frozen, snowy tundra of a front yard we had and amazingly enough there was grass under there. I nearly forgot we had that there after 3 months of snow covering it. I guess it's probably time to take down those Christmas lights too, now that the roof is clear. And that will be one more thing off my list. Woo hoo.
1 comment:
Gotta love Spring!!! My kids thrive outside and now that it's warming up again, that's where you can find them!
That's so crazy about Robyn's kidneystones! I thought I had it bad! Poor girl! Hope she's handling it all okay!
Post a Comment