Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Always Learning and Loving It


I never thought I would say this, but I miss going to school. Not necessarily college and the big research papers and stress of getting a good grade, but I miss the daily instruction from teachers. That is why my favorite shows to watch are learning shows on National Geographic, PBS, and the Science Channel. The world of learning is amazing and endless. Between being sick in bed the past week and tending to a sick family, we've gotten a lot of reading and TV watching in this winter. I'm finally catching up on a book I bought myself last year for Christmas, the "Who's Who of the Book of Mormon." I am not into religious books. I rebel when it comes to reading them (not a trait I am proud of . . . I just hate having ideas forced on me). So, unless it is from a church approved source like the Ensign or direct scripture, I hesitate reading religious books. Funny, I know. But, this book is amazing. It helps me understand the relations of characters in the Book of Mormon. I've learned this week to stop limiting my learning. Usually the books I refrain from reading are the ones I need to read most. Now, to apply that to my diet . . .

Here is a lego creation Trent made for me when I had surgery in January. It's a lego heart. My favorite. My son is such a treasure and I love being his mama.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I've just got back into reading again and I love it! I think I'll always want to be learning somehting :)