3 hours of sleep. Travis was up all night throwing up again for the sixth week in a row. He has this stomach bug he just can't kick and it returns every 10 days or so in the middle of the night. He is such a sport -never cries, but just fidgets in bed and coughs until nature takes it's course. He tells me, "It's okay mommy. I'm not sad. I don't need cuddles." I had Ryan go sleep in the guest room so he could get some rest for work. Of course, I couldn't handle no sleep and by 4:56 a.m. I asked him to take over tummy trouble duty with Travis. Half of his kindergarten class has been out with the same thing, so I know 12 other moms are going through sleepless nights as well.
So, now Travvy is playing Jelly Car on the I-pod Touch for the third hour. He is so sleepy. A nap is in the works for both of us soon.
Until then, I should fold laundry. Clean bathrooms. Vaccuum. Sweep. Paint the upstairs. I'll start with the trim and doors in the hallway and then our bedroom in a nice Decorator's White (must get rid of the vanilla ice-cream color that is everywhere). Then do the hallway color and then our bedroom color. I have a goal to get it done by Valentines Day. Cheer me on. But I will be hiring out for the ceilings -they are all vaulted. And the kids will have to wait for their bedrooms. Perhaps that will be a summer project for them to help with. Painting 101.
2 comments:
Sick kids are no fun :(. Hope you get your nap!
How brave of him. I milk cuddles out of everyone when I am oh so very sick.
Post a Comment