This is my blog. So I have a right to brag, right? I'm so proud of Rachel and Trent who received almost all 4s on their report card. They don't give grades here like As and Bs. Just 4, 3.5, 3, 2.5, 2, etc. Travis is going to class and is accomplishing the goals his teacher has set with him. With a little help from M&Ms and Skittles, he'll sit and do "homework" each morning with me. Trent's reading has grown by leaps and bounds. He practices everyday and especially likes any subject to do with reptiles. Rachel is more confident every day with her school work. Her teacher is trying to get her to attend the gifted program at the neighboring school but Rachel refuses to leave her friends.
Ryan and I need to try harder to provide more diverse learning opportunities for them. I get frustrated when parents complain about schools and teachers not doing their job well enough. After volunteering in classrooms with 20 or more kids and one adult to them, it is impossible to churn out little Einsteins. That's my duty at home. But I'll have to settle with little goof balls and terrors and drama queens instead of Einsteins. And that's fine with me.
.jpg)
.jpg)
5 comments:
Amen! I totally agree that furthering education outside of the formal classroom is a responsibility and a priviledge that parents get to undertake. And it shows so much.
Congrats to your kids for their fabulous grades and kudos for you for the support I KNOW you give them at home!
You are amazing parents. Congratulations on your kids. It gives me something to push for as a mom, hopefully I'll be as amazing as you. I think that this post was good for me!
I love that last picture of Travis. Really Exellent. We miss you guys. <3 Luvs- Olivia
Your kids are beautiful! What a great idea to further your kids education at home.
Go kids...I love it when as a parent you can be proud of your kids and all they do. Can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment